Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Seat car covers - I was tired of spending money



I was tired of spending money on things like seat car covers that didn't look good or last very long.  I don't mind spending money on something that will last and look good though.  I thought that maybe the car dealership may have some seat covers that would fit my truck correctly.  I called the local dealership and was surprised that they only sold replacement seat covers. This is where you remove your original cover down to the bare seat and replace it with a exact duplicate.  Well I guess this would work, but the work involved would really be to much just to protect my seats with the same thing.  And guess how much they cost.  Just for the front bucket seats the price was over $2500.00 !!!!  WOW thats a lot of money for some material.  I don't know about you but this is ridiculous.  So I was lost at what to do.  I couldn't go to a store and buy any covers that fit correctly and I couldn't afford the OEM replacement covers. Anyway my covers didn't need replacing they needed protecting.  So in the mean time I just left the store bought covers on the seats while I looked for a better solution.  Sometimes it pays to be patient :)

No comments: